nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle invasions

  • From: nottke1 <nottke1@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle invasions
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:54:41 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

On our farm here in Z7 west of Winston-Salem, NC, I usually see my first Japanese Beetle in early June and by June 25 I am mixing up Sevin to control them on plum, grape, and raspberry.  But this year I saw my first one on June 1, and I have seen less than a dozen since.  Local Ag folkss speculate that our severe drought and incredible heat last summer somehow hurt their grubs.

Jim