nafex - Re: [NAFEX] blueberries, kiwis, grapes, deer

  • From: "Matt Demmon" <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] blueberries, kiwis, grapes, deer
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:45:51 -0400

I know I'm a little late, way behind in my email reading, but I just wanted to point out some things about my limited experience with kiwis:

Deer have not munched ours at all, however deer pressure is light so far in our area and they are near the house and hence our two large dogs. However, it is imperative that you protect them from rabbits when they are young, ours were continually clipped in the winter and young new growth in the summer. A small tube of hardware cloth about 2 feet high is all you need. That's all, hope it helps.

-matt
zone 5
se michigan