nafex - [NAFEX] discouraging deer with eggs and soap

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] discouraging deer with eggs and soap
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:43:41 -0400

Lucky wrote, "fencing everything is out of the question, so I mixed
up some egg spray yesterday, with a teaspoon of
Dave's Insanity Sauce added for good measure.  We'll
see how that works, sprayed on the target plants."

I defend my entire nursery with a mixture of dissolved Ivory bar soap mixed with eggs.  I use about a bar for every 10 eggs and mix about 2 eggs with soap to a gallon of water and spray the lower branches every 2 weeks.  They leave the trees alone and graze most everything else that is unsprayed.  If the deer aren't starving it seems to be pretty reliable.  I make one or 2 large mixes a season and let it get real funky.

  • [NAFEX] discouraging deer with eggs and soap, Alan Haigh, 06/29/2008