nafex - Re: [NAFEX] More Evidence that Monsanto's HerbicideRoundup is Toxic

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] More Evidence that Monsanto's HerbicideRoundup is Toxic
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:31:11 -0500

Title: Message
I noticed the same thing Dennis and wondered about the experimental methodology.  Pouring Roundup in a tank might test toxicity but it doesn't address the fact that Roundup applied correctly has an extremely low leach potential.  It strongly binds itself to organic matter once it touches the soil.  That's why a field can be sprayed with Roundup and immediately be sown with seed and have no detrimental effect on germination.  Only in very sandy soils with no little or no organic matter is there any significant risk of leaching.

Ken,
That's some valid points, but let's keep the dialogue at a conversational tone.  We really don't want anyone to go to Hell, even bad researchers :-)

Mark
KS