nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Kazakhstan apples

  • From: "JAMES ELIE" <tomelzear@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Kazakhstan apples
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:26:27 -0700

Doug,

All the new apple material available from the USDA is indeed interesting.
I am in the process of starting 100 seeds from the open-pollinated
collection of the USDA in Cornell New York. From their website you can
peruse their available seeds and scions. The descriptions vary quite a bit
in their detail but most hit upon their more desirable traits. Phillip
Forsline was easy to work with when requesting the seeds. In the future, I
hope to obtain some scions and work on my grafting.

Jim Elie
Green Bay Wisconsin
Zone 4/5

used to change other email options):