nafex - Re: [NAFEX] orchard ladder

  • From: Neil Hochstedler <neilho@innevi.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] orchard ladder
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:35:02 -0400

I'm with Mark- I've found ladder stability on uneven ground to be much
easier and faster to get with tripod ladders. And on the crews I've
witnessed or been a part of, mostly in the Northeast, apple tree pruning
was done with a Wheeler saw and an Allen Bros. pruning pole. Rather
difficult to set any ladder in 2' of snow, not to mention carry it around.
Perhaps Alan lives in a less snowy part of the world.

Neil