nafex - [NAFEX] You asked for my location

  • From: <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] You asked for my location
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 8:34:02 -0500

Helene,
Sorry, I forget. My computer is in the shop so I can't sign my signature
on this loaner. I just assumed most everyone knows I'm from Pequot lakes,
Minnesota.

Jim Fruth

Jim, you did not indicated your location. This is very exciting as I always
considered p. ussuriensis to be kind of useless except as a rootstock.

Claude Jolicoeur, in his interesting articles on pears in Northern climate
in Pomona mentioned different good varieties with p. ussuriensis parentage.
Derry in BC was wondering about the reject syndrome sometimes associated
with p. ussuriensis. This is a blind shot, but is it possible that
varieties with p. ussuriensis in their parentage would be easier to graft on
p. ussuriensis rootstock?

H?l?ne, zone 3-4, north of Ottawa