nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pyrus ussuriensis

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pyrus ussuriensis
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 17:04:14 -0400

Jim, you did not indicated your location. This is very exciting as I always considered p. ussuriensis to be kind of useless except as a rootstock.

Claude Jolicoeur, in his interesting articles on pears in Northern climate in Pomona mentioned different good varieties with p. ussuriensis parentage. Derry in BC was wondering about the reject syndrome sometimes associated with p. ussuriensis. This is a blind shot, but is it possible that varieties with p. ussuriensis in their parentage would be easier to graft on p. ussuriensis rootstock?

Hélène, zone 3-4, north of Ottawa
----- Original Message ----- From: <jfruth@tds.net>