nafex - [NAFEX] Virus Warning

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Apple-Crop" <apple-crop@virtualorchard.net>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Virus Warning
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:53:54 -0600

This information arrived to me this morning, direct from both Microsoft and
Norton.  The Warezov.W virus has a new strain that is so new the virus scan software has not been able to pick it up yet to protect your PC.
You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled "Mail Server Report"

If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying:
'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, And the person who sent it
to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.
AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software out there is
not yet capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

THIS HAS ALSO BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES

Since we use e-mail to communicate through NAFEX  and APPLE-CROPI felt it a good idea to pass this information on.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Norton;Dennis M.
FN:Dennis M. Norton