nafex - Re: [NAFEX] More on Meyer Lemon

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] More on Meyer Lemon
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 22:25:27 -0400

On Mar 28, 2008, at 9:09 PM, Hector Black wrote:
Hello Helene,
  That sounds like Calamondin to me.  The skin is sweet, the inside sour.  Makes a wonderful marmalade, cake filling or cheesecake.  Meyer lemon are yellow and shaped like lemons.

I agree with Hector.  I've had both Meyers lemon and calamondin.   Meyers lemons are a lot bigger (roughly the size of regular lemons) and yellow when ripe.  Oh, and shaped like slightly lumpy lemons.

Ginda