nafex - [NAFEX] Strawberry mowing

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Strawberry mowing
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:43:56 -0600

Mark,
    Your plants are a couple of weeks ahead of mine.  I mow mine immediately after the daughter plants have spread and the season's crop is in.
    I didn't always mow my plants.  I started mowing and fertilizing after I paid attention to what the Strawberry Growers Association said to do.  This works better than anything else I've tried and I've tried a lot of different methods for growing strawberries.

Jim

Jim,

I haven't tried mowing and fertilizing.  Here most of the strawberries are
done by the end of June (except I have a few everbearing mixed in).  Are you
saying I should mow and fertilize then?

Mark

  • [NAFEX] Strawberry mowing, Jim Fruth, 03/04/2008