nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: www.ibiblio.org

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Subject: Re: www.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 12:16:49 -0500

Toni Pralle wrote:
> Why don't we make our own website and eliminate the confusion connected
> with www.ibiblio.org <http://www.ibiblio.org/> ?>>
YES!! PLEASE!! I would search the archives so many times........IF I could get there from here. OR I could possibly read on the net instead of from an email sometimes. I vote yes!

I haven't been able to follow the last week of discussion much as I'm working on the site. I did weant to clarify a couple of things.

NAFEX does have its own website and owns the domain www.nafex.org. It happens to be hosted on ibiblio...for the moment. Separately, but related...NAFEX has a listserv (this email list) that also runs through ibiblio. The listserv address is different (as are all listservs). Until NAFEX owns its own server (which isn't likely), we need to elist the aid of a server (hence ibiblio). We will never be in a situation to have a NAFEX website-housed listserv. I have noted the problems with the archives that folks have mentioned (inaccessable) and will see what I can do. However, at the moment there are bigger fish to fry for the website and some things are about to change. I'll make announcements here on the list as they happen. Once the main issues are addressed, I'll look at the archive situation, but that will probably be a little way down the road.

Folks - I don't want to continue to hammer the list with web topics not really related to fruit, growing, etc., before we're able to get stuff in place. When we do, I will be asking for help, input, and expertise in a number of areas in order to make the site a bigger, better place.

Look for the first announcement in a day or two hopefully.