nafex - Re: [NAFEX] So close....

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] So close....
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:55:06 +0000

Here in s.WI the snow is rather deep, and has been deep a while. I recent
years "open winter" was becoming common, or at least a worthwhile thaw
between snows so the accumulation wasn't much. This year has been more like
the winters I grew up with-- usually difficult to hike in the woods, even
accounting for the fact I was smaller then!

Solid sheet of ice under everything for 2 full months.

Temperatures have been below zero more this winter than recent years, but not
the -20s of further past years.

I have no data for this, but I think the wind had been less. Which is
interesting because last spring was so windy/ breezy, I didn't spray much
herbicide.