nafex - [NAFEX] Getting sprayed with insecticide

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Getting sprayed with insecticide
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:20:50 -0600

Re: I remember a meeting where someone said the Solo sprayers drip down
the back of your leg.?

Mine don't. Maybe something was wrong with theirs -- a bad attachment
where the sprayer hose connects, possibly? Maybe they got it wet on the
outside before putting it on?

You want to be absolutely sure you don't get more than a few drops of spray on you. You do not want the experience I had: Once when I was spraying tall citrus trees in California, there was a sudden, 180 degree wind shift with a down-draft. I wasn't wearing protective clothing (there was no wind when I started) and got soaked. I had violent chills for an hour or more.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Getting sprayed with insecticide, Jim Fruth, 02/29/2008