nafex - Re: [NAFEX] thought provoking cartoon

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] thought provoking cartoon
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 10:26:44 -0500

On Dec 1, 2007, at 12:03 AM, Donna &/or Kieran wrote:

<x-tad-smaller>Very interesting.  And we are all given permission to forward or print and post it anywhere we like provided the source copied too.   Donna</x-tad-smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>http://www.newstarget.com/022040.html</x-tad-smaller>

So where's the flyer for the farmers' market selling local organic/sustainable apples?

Or the sign saying, "Don't see what you want? Ask the produce manager to carry it."

Or, of course, the nursery catalogue so the customer can grow her own . . .

I do see choices like that in many stores; but the cartoon would be better, in my opinion, if it gave some hint that there are other choices that could be made. Unless there's another panel that didn't show up in my browser, it doesn't do so.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly