nafex - [NAFEX] mara de bois strawberry plant source

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] mara de bois strawberry plant source
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:25:53 -0500

Does anyone know of a source for plants of Mara des Bois or any of
the premium strawberries?
I grow a lot of low chill fruits and have grown strawberries for years-I
read about these in CRFG and wanted to try them.

The only source I know of is:

Wicked Wilds, Inc. 509 South Cedros Avenue Suite E, Solana Beach, CA 92075
858 755 7650

The price is pretty steep but the quality of the plants is very high. I have been growing these berries for two years now. They had an average tasting june crop and very good tasting berries after that. This is in my Maryland climate, they may well behave differently for you.

Scott

  • [NAFEX] mara de bois strawberry plant source, Scott Smith, 11/28/2007