nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fruits that grow well in shade

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fruits that grow well in shade
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:23:11 -0500

I've got red currants that have produced well for the past 4+ years in shade
for the entire day except for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours in summer.

I'll also second that raspberries can fruit in much less than full sun
conditions.

Don't know if you're interested, but jerusalem artichokes planted between
two garages (separated by only 2 feet have done well for the past couple
years (they grow high enough to grow over the garages).

Scott Hills