nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sloe Cultivars, Prunus spinosa?

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sloe Cultivars, Prunus spinosa?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:15:38 -0700

On Oct 29, 2007, at 10:11 AM, hans brinkmann wrote:

Hallo Megan Lon and Richard,

very interesting...
At Germany we have the Prunus spinosa 'Plena' and 'Purpurea'.
And we have e.g. 6 fruit-cultivars with very plenty of fruits and /or
very large fruits.
Two fruit-cultivars are even patented.

Hans, if you have any webpage links to information on those cultivars, I'd be very interested to see them!

Also, the grafting idea is really good for folks who want to use them as an edible hedge.