nafex - [NAFEX] sambucus

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] sambucus
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:32:11 -0400

Howdy Lon and Squad;

The Black Lace sounds interesting. I have Nova, York, and Samdal on trial in Zone 4 Maine.
I am keeping notes, and it's already interesting............
I think for a few bucks I'll add a few BL for comparison.
The end use for this fruit (above) is jam and wine.
Eating them raw is a waste of time, that is why the BL is of interest.
If BL can be truly eaten raw, then I can sell more of them.

What's up with Adams and Johns ??
Are they worth a trial, or did Nova and York surpass them?

Murph

PS
Elderberries, here in MA, are surprisingly easy to find in public places.
I found a good stand near a golf course, and asked the owners for picking permission.
They looked at each other, with that curious looking face, and both said OK.
Then they proceeded to ask me what they were....
After filling the 7 gal pail in about 30 minutes, I went back to show them.
"Holy #### !" he said. What do you call those ??
Elderberries. Thanks Again..
Nice golf people.