nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Number of edible fruits

  • From: "ethan roland" <eroland@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Number of edible fruits
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:01:14 -0400

Dear Rob + NAFEX community,

"Cornucopia: A sourcebook of edible plants" by stephen facciola is quite a tome of knowledge. There's another book that my friend Eric Toensmeier (co-author of Edible Forest Gardens + Perennial Vegetables) uses, it's really old but very complete -- I'll check with him what it is.

More interesting to me than a straight 'master-list' would be bio-region specific species lists that draw information from all the growers, hobbyists, scientist, and fruit-geeks in a given area. Lots and lots of this information can be collected from the back issues of Pomona and the archives of this listserv... and collaborative internet technology is just reaching the stage where we can effectively put together such a project.

I'm working on building the platform for such a project this winter and will keep the NAFEX community posted. Anybody interested in helping out?

Cheers,
Ethan

Message: 2