nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Growing Honeycrisp apples in warmer climate

  • From: Richard J.Ossolinski <ossoeo@verizon.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Growing Honeycrisp apples in warmer climate
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:13:39 -0400

Deb,
Excellent apple as grown here in coastal ME, Zone 5.
Richard
Gouldsboro, ME
On Sep 29, 2007, at 12:14 PM, Deb Schneider wrote:

Hi

I am thinking of trying to grow Honeycrisp in SE Ohio (zone 5 or 6 depending on the map).  I know it was developed for Minnesota climate...anyone having success growing it in warmer climes?  Do the apples get the same crispness and flavor?