nafex - [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 55, Issue 71 ( Doyle Balckberry)

  • From: "Geoffrey Stone" <gfstone@bellsouth.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 55, Issue 71 ( Doyle Balckberry)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:06:24 -0700

The video I got with my Doyle bush indicated that I should "tip" the ends of the canes when they get to about 10 feet. This apparently forces the cane to branch at many locations and these are where the berry clusters appear. I had good luck following this proceedure. This video also indicated that I should prune out last year's canes (the ones that produced berrys this year) and focus on this year's canes for next year's berrys.

Geoffrey Stone
Black Mountain, NC

1. Re: nafex Digest, Vol 55, Issue 71 ( Doyle Balckberry
Pruning, Anthony Curcio ) (Anthony Curcio)
Message: 1