nafex - [NAFEX] Doyle Blackberry report

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Doyle Blackberry report
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 06:58:35 -0500

My Doyle (thornless) Blackberries are producing their first crop. The berries are almost twice as large as Fort Kent's and I'm wondering if all will ripen before my first frost which usually happens in Mid-September. Now I'm wondering if they will produce after a normal Winter for this area; this past winter the temperature got to -28; -38 is not uncommon for my part of the Country.
The Doyle people said the plants do not produce suckers but mine are suckering like any other.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: