nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Che(Cudrania tricuspidata )

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Che(Cudrania tricuspidata )
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:58:55 -0700 (PDT)

I've done a fair amount of research on Che
intermittently over the last 15 years trying to find
one that has decent fruit, but the germplasm in the US
is very limited and everything is fairly similar. Even
in China though, where they do have named cultivars,
they usually don't think of it as a very good fruit.

What keeps me interested is that it's a very tough
plant and very pretty in the fall. I just wish the
fruit was better.