nafex - [NAFEX] Current Pruning

  • From: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Current Pruning
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:05:22 -0400

Hello All,

My 3 yr old black (Ben Sarek and Ben Lomond) and red (Red Lake) currents have just about finished production for the current (pun?) year. I recall seeing on the 'list' that the old stems should be removed to make room for the new sprouts. Should last year's one year old stems be removed along wih the two year old stems?

Should Josta Berries and Gooseberries be treated in a similar way?

Should this be done now or when the bush is dormant?

jmb

  • [NAFEX] Current Pruning, John Barbowski, 07/24/2007