nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NNGA membership declines

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NNGA membership declines
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

People really don't value the production of food
anymore. Even when I was a child we valued oranges in
the winter because that was the only time of the year
you could get oranges in most of the US. Now you can
get oranges even in North Dakota any month of the
year.

Conversely, people really do value NASCAR and Beyonce
and Brittany. Everyday life has become too easy so
that people put value into entertainment rather than
the basics of food production.

--- Mark & Helen Angermayer <hangermayer@isp.com>