nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberry and freeze info

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberry and freeze info
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 09:00:10 -0600

Michael,

Brambles in general were unscathed here in northern TN. Even the ones below
me in a major frost pocket seem fine. The black raspberries are just
beginning to bloom now, blackberries are at, or a little past, full bloom. I
have heard some reports from other areas in TN, and particularly in N
Alabama and Georgia where spring was a bit more advanced, that the
blackberries were severely damaged in some areas. As the black raspberries
bloom a little later, they were possibly spared. I'll keep my eye out for
them as I travel around the area over the next few weeks.

Hal