nafex - [NAFEX] Building a fence against deers

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Building a fence against deers
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:24:53 -0500

My in-laws property is always invaded by deers. Unfortunately all their vegetable crops are eaten by the deers daily. So we tried putting a temporarily fence, we used the flurencent plastic fence that's commonly used in construction. The deers have pushed it down and walked right into the plantings. So this year we need to build a sturdy fence that can keep the deers and other creatures away.
My question is how high does the fence have to be so the deers want jumb above it?
We need the lowest cost possible, since the fencing area is 50'x50' square.

Bass Samaan
zone 6, Bethlehem, pa