nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Freeze-Frost Protection

  • From: "Greg Jordan" <treetaxi@mcleodusa.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Freeze-Frost Protection
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 06:20:30 -0600

What is this product called?  Where is it avalable?  Cost?
Greg Jordan

KDL spray (Potassium dextrolactate) is supposed to offer 3-4 extra degrees of frost protection for the two days following the spray.  Bob Purvis swears by it.  I tried it two years ago but sprayed it at such a high concentration (more is better) that I burn some tender foliage.  It turned out not to be of use since my temps went down to 12 degrees.  If your temp is going down to 22F then it might just offer enough additional protection to make the cost worthwhile.

Steve H.