nafex - Re: [NAFEX] In Search of Strange Plants!

  • From: "Erdman, James" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] In Search of Strange Plants!
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:08:22 -0600

We have prickly ash around our place, and I find it makes an almost
impenetrable barrier that is difficult to get rid off, and spreads rapidly.

Jim, in Menomonie, WI cold edge of zone 4

________________________________

From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org on behalf of ethan roland

I am looking for sources of a handful of strange + interesting plants for a
new forest garden I am planting in Upstate New York. I have not been able to
locate any of the following, and I appreciate any leads y'all can give me!
The plants are:

- Amelanchier stolonifera (running juneberry)
- Glycyrrhiza lepidota (American licorice)
- Robinia viscosa (clammy locust)
- Zanthoxylum americanum (prickly ash; American pepper tree)

The characteristic I'm looking for with the first three is an ability to
sucker and run...

<<winmail.dat>>