nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Growing cherry seeds

  • From: JoanRRosenberg@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Growing cherry seeds
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:56:21 EST

I haven't had much luck with Lapins.  Stella is much better, and it crosses with more cherries.  Also Black Tartarian and Royal Anne cross well.    The North Stars virtually grow themselves.   Be careful if someone local has a flowering cherry, they are very good at crossing  with sweet cherries and will cross pollinate a whole bunch of stuff that won't produce.

I have a number of crosses that are sour cherry based, and I am trimming them into dwarf tree forms, even tho they are seed grown.