nafex - [NAFEX] Anyone having already gone thru the FDA plant importation process I would love to hear your suggestions

  • From: Lloyd E Kreitzer <lkreitzer@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Anyone having already gone thru the FDA plant importation process I would love to hear your suggestions
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:29:09 -0700

I live in a non commercial fig growing state and will go to another
country to make dormant fig cuttings later this coming year. What
coaching, advice does anyone have for me about the process of FDA
importation as to time, expense and ease? Are costs per cutting? per
variety? per quantity? How does the FDA take care of cuttings sensitive
to temperature while they are being guarantied? How long might it take?
These will be winter cuttings what would be the best material to take
from an old fig tree? Thanking you... Lloyd

  • [NAFEX] Anyone having already gone thru the FDA plant importation process I would love to hear your suggestions, Lloyd E Kreitzer, 12/22/2006