nafex - [NAFEX] Frozen Fruit Question

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Frozen Fruit Question
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:58:45 -0600

Thermophile bacteria begin to multiply exponentially in processed foods and meats after six months in a home freezer.

I can't find any data on how long whole fruits (with skin/rind intact) will last in a freezer before they start rapidly losing freshness. I would think that the epidermis of fruit would be relatively impervious to bacteria. Would you shed some light on this question? Thanks.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Frozen Fruit Question, Jim Fruth, 12/08/2006