nafex - [NAFEX] I stand corrected

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] I stand corrected
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:33:44 -0400

Charlie Paradise has set the issue straight.
I mis-identified the plant.
Although the appearance is very similar to me, upon close examination it is definitely an Autumn Olive.
And it figures that my home state, (M)assachusetts, would outlaw them.

Thanks for the advice guys. Steve, Tom, Charles.
They are sour, and have one decent seed in them, and don't seem bothered by pests at all.
Based on what I saw on the roadside, these bushes look productive enough to cultivate for food.
Picking the berries means shaking a branch in a 7 gal pail. Wow.

Richard Murphy