nafex - [NAFEX] ripening Canadice Grapes

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ripening Canadice Grapes
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:51:07 -0400

This is a really dumb question, but how do I tell when my seedless canadice grapes are ripe? They have started to turn color, and are getting sweet. But I like tart fruit, and might well enjoy them before they are fully ripe. They are seedless, so I can't evaluat the maturity of the seeds. I planted the vine "blind", having never tasted the grape.

I am going away for a week soon, and want to pick as many as reasonable to discourage pests (birds, squirrels, etc.) from learning about them. But I'd rather not pick all of them under-ripe, either.

Thanks,
Ginda