nafex - Re: [NAFEX] correction, bisulfite, metabisulfite.

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] correction, bisulfite, metabisulfite.
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 09:22:26 -0400

Hello,

Have you racked this wine at all? Racking is moving it from one five gallon container to another 5 gallon container, leaving the lees behind.

I never have to fine. I just rack every time things settle out. When things stop settling out, it is time to bottle. Takes time though.

Siphon is simple and effective. Keep siphon out of sediment.

Tom