nafex - [NAFEX] Saskatoon update

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Saskatoon update
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:22:01 -0400

Hello;

I just read my email broadcast in Pomona.
It was correct at the time I wrote it, but needs a slight modification.

The plants in standing water did live for a very long time. Longer than I thought they would, given the huge rainfall Maine had this year. BUT.......... most of the lot planted in the wet soil are either sick or dead.

I do have a lot of healthy plants left out of the original 1000.
Will do a count this September (wow... next month !)

In the higher ground of the Saskatoon lot is where the healthier, bigger leafed plants live.
All BIG & HAPPY plants are on high ground but NOT ALL HIGH Ground Plants are BIG & HAPPY.
Even the 'spares' I chucked in a hole near the gate are better off in their weeds than the low lying plants.
I will now prepare some berms; guessing 3 or 4 feet wide by a foot high.
Looked at a few blueberry farms to get ideas...???

At first, the waterlogged plants looked promising.
They tanked.
Hope this 'correction paper' helped.

Murph

  • [NAFEX] Saskatoon update, Richard MURPHY, 08/04/2006