nafex - Re: [NAFEX] elderberries under black-walnuts

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] elderberries under black-walnuts
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:00:56 +0000

Let us know if the elderberries over-top & shade the multifloras. Would be nice to know something competes w/ those! I don't want to think what your harvesting will be like, w/ the multiflor thorns in the way.

Did anyone mention soil quality re tolerance of black walnut toxin? Listers have pointed out elderberries like sun, probably hurt by shade more than the toxin, but I've noticed more success w/ those things which "won't grow under black walnuts" if the soil is very good.