nafex - [NAFEX] Saskatoon Jam

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Saskatoon Jam
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:08:22 -0400

Hello again;

Reading about Juneberries got me excited.
They seemed too good not to try.

So, I ordered some Saskatoon Jam from some "Plantation Place" in Canada.
I'm telling you it was the best jam I ever had.
Hard to describe; strawberry-raspberry-sweet-sour-Idontknowwhat taste.
I was hooked.

I have had the pleasure of eating a few ripe ones off my Smoky plants.
Not the slightest bit boring.
I have also eaten some REAL DUDS off the same plants; small, dry, blue zeroes !!
Only having a handful to describe, that is my experience.
More when the 900 plants I have left mature a bit more.

PS
I will also paraphrase a popular reference on Saskatoon Seed Germination in a day or two.

Richard (Murph) Murphy

  • [NAFEX] Saskatoon Jam, Richard MURPHY, 07/04/2006