nafex - [NAFEX] Reply: Netting and bagging report for apples, plums, and cherries, and peaches

  • From: sherwindu <sherwindu@comcast.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Reply: Netting and bagging report for apples, plums, and cherries, and peaches
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 01:13:35 -0500

I have good success with 'no-see-um' insect netting. A cheaper, quicker, but
not as
good protector would be zip lock sandwich bags with a slot cut out to drain
water.
I have a combination of both on my apple and selected clusters of the sour
cherry.
Works good for me. Cut a square of the netting and thread a thin wire around
the
perifery. Cinch it up with a twist tie and attach the free ends to a
conveniently close
branch. If the fruit falls, the net will catch it. Only rarely will a
critter
bite through or
tear the netting.

  • [NAFEX] Reply: Netting and bagging report for apples, plums, and cherries, and peaches, sherwindu, 06/27/2006