nafex - Re: [NAFEX] another strawberry question

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] another strawberry question
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:05:07 -0700

I did something similar.  I tilled under half of each bed every year after bearing, alternating halves each year, and let runners renew the beds.  I got much higher yields and bigger fruit.  I read recently that this technique is suited for everbearers, not Junebearers – but I did it with all my strawberry beds, which were a mix.

I also tilled in compost when I tilled in the old plants.

Stephen