nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Info re: Goof, George's Red, Merton's Knave, Red Devil Apple

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher.ls@comcast.net>
  • To: W3cmp@aol.com, nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Info re: Goof, George's Red, Merton's Knave, Red Devil Apple
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:13:18 -0400

Alan Browne is the man who grows and recommends "Goof," at least among the Backyard Fruit Growers - I'm guessing that's where you got the scion. He has 1000 apple trees and says it is unique - it's one of his favorites. Not sure of the original source but the previous description sounds like what I'd heard him describe in the past.

I'll forward your email to him and will ask him about it (hopefully I'll remember :-O ) on Saturday.

Pete Chrisbacher
SE PA - Zone 6B

  • Re: [NAFEX] Info re: Goof, George's Red, Merton's Knave, Red Devil Apple, Peter Chrisbacher, 04/20/2006