nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Early apples

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Early apples
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:05:15 -0400

Ed,
Always taste an apple before planting it.  Have you tasted Ginger Gold?

Why not try to get tasting apples?   Organize some kind of swap.  See if applesource can shop you a box early.
Charlie Paradise

Ribes60@aol.com wrote:

 Does anyone have experience with Ginger Gold? I have been told that it is a very good early season apple. I have a lot of later apples and would like a couple early ones. I do not like soft mushy apples. I would like to have a stick of scion wood if it is not too late. My apples here in central PA are beginning to push buds some and we have predictions of a weel of real spring weather. The gooseberries and currants are showing green leaves now.   Ed Mashburn
Central PA
Zone 5A