nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fertilizing and calcium

  • From: "Dennis Norton" <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fertilizing and calcium
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:36:03 -0600

Chris,

Actually, there is no difference between the pellets used for de-icer and the pellets used for fruit tree application.  You can choose for yourself if you go with the calcium chloride and its risks or another form of calcium.  The rate we have used in the past when we used to use calcium chloride pellets was determined by our soil  and leaf analysis.  We did not even do a calcium spray last season, but will this season based on our leaf analysis for the season.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com