nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Jujubes in New Mexico & Ilinois

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Jujubes in New Mexico & Ilinois
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:12:03 -0800 (PST)

I am enjoying your information on Jujubes!!
I wanted to let you know if you dont know already that
there is a large planting of Jujubes varieties at
Alabama A&M. The Orchard Manager is Rhonda Britton.
Most of thier varieties seem to do well, though the
most productive seems to be Tigertooth. If you want
ferther info I might be able to dig up an article I
wrote about my visit or I can get you there contact
info.

Robert

--- MARIE ASHTON <bwoodtx@verizon.net> wrote:

> Even in the humid areas of our country you have to
> divide it into warm humid areas, such as Georgia,
> and cool humid areas such as, Tennessee and
> Virginia. We know that Leon Burk, Silverhill and
> Tigertooth do well in Georgia. Sui Men was adapted
> to the Tennessee Valley Authority and is apparently
> do well there. Admiral Wilkes was found in
> Washington D.C. and apparently do well there. Lang
> is doing very well in the humid southeast costal
> area of Texas. Other people know of other varieties
> that are doing well for them in other areas.
> For your area in PA have you tried Admiral Wilkes or
> Sui Men? Sui Men would be worth a try and it is has
> fairly good fruit. As I have stated you just have to
> find the variety that fits you niche as the Chinese
> have over many years.
> Regards
> Richard Ashton
> Brownwood, Texas
> 7b/8a AHS 9

Southern Fruit Fellowship (SFF)
www.NAFEX.org/SFF
Southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society (SPEPS)
www.SPEPS.net
California Rare Fruit Growers
www.crfg.org