nafex - [NAFEX] Cloudberry

  • From: martha_davis@highstream.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cloudberry
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:12:15 -0500

I had frozen cloud berries in Norway, and also the liquor. I recall the taste
of
the fruits as slightly musky and the seeds were unusually large compared to
black berries or raspberries. I wasn't that wild about the home frozen ones.
However they were shared with us as precious gems stored from the summer
gathered in the wild. We were clearly being honored by being served this
highly prized and none too plentiful harvest. I have seen occasional jars of
Jam in the US though I think they were imported.

I have to say I really liked the liquor (no seeds) and I enjoyed the musky
flavor, but then I like black currents too.

Martha

  • [NAFEX] Cloudberry, martha_davis, 01/24/2006