nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Temperature Converter

  • From: Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Temperature Converter
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:33:22 -0800 (PST)

--- Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net> wrote:
> The National Weather Service has a website that
> converts Fahrenheit to Celsius/Celsius to
Fahrenheit:

> http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

For conversions like this I usually use Google.
Just type following string (without quotes) in the
Google prompt:
"10 F to C"

Advantages of this approach are:
1) Power. It converts between many other units, e.g.
try "10 km to miles" and in general performs all kinds
of calculations and operations.

2) Simplicity. No need to remember all those
conversion sites, have conversion programs or browser
extensions. Just type the operation you need in Google
query text field. This is even simpler Firefox web
browser (GetFirefox.com) - one can type the query
right in the search box (in the right top corner of
the browser tool bar).

Disadvantages:
1) Sometimes Google does not understand my first
requests. I have to try a few variants before Google
understands what I want (in this case "10F",
"10F","10F=C").

Andriy