nafex - [NAFEX] used book sources

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] used book sources
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:52:06 -0500

I've recommended this before, but not in a while (so forgive me
if you recognize me repeating myself).  I like the following site:

Allows you from one web site to search the following (each is done as a
separate search):

ILAB - The International League of Antiquarian Booksellers
ABAA - The Antiquarian Booksellers' Association
ABE - Advanced Book Exchange
AddALL - multi-site book search.  Will sort the results by author, title, price, or site
Alibris
Antiqbook - fewer books but will list some European dealers not found on on other sites.
Bookfinder - Multi-site book search.
Back Issues - for magazines

Now the ABAA search doesn't work, but it does get you to the ABAA site.

The separate searches can be made easier by judicious use of the Back button
(i.e. do a search, see results, use the back button to go to the search screen,
cut the text you're searching on, click on next search, paste search text
in appropriate field).

Hope this is useful.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6