nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pears' fall colors

  • From: "Dave Griffin" <griffingardens@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pears' fall colors
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 13:55:20 -0600

Hi Tanis,

I saw this here too - zone 4a Central MN - like never before. Color on all
the Prunus and Pyrus, even the peaches which have always had the leaves
freeze off green. We didn't have a hard killing frost until mid Nov, and
usually get one in early Oct. And yes, the apples hung on green until the
freeze and then slid into their usual muddy brown for a few days and fell.

Dave

used to change other email options):