nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pomegranate

  • From: "MARIE ASHTON" <bwoodtx@verizon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pomegranate
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:34:46 -0600

What is your normal low for the winter and do you have a snow cover most of the winter? 6B is supposed to be 0 to -5 (F). There are 3 or 4 varieties of pomegranate that can stand weather down to -5  (it also depends on the lenght of time of the low temperature) and a variety that stands being covered with snow all winter. They were orignally from Russia.
Richard Ashton
Brownwoood, Texas
7b/8a Central Texas